Changing Our Ward Together
 

Edgewood Community Profile

Website address (if applicable)

Boundaries

(Provide map if available)


On the east:                 ________________________
On the south:              ________________________
On the west:                ________________________
On the north:               ________________________

History and/or Description of Community

This neighborhood, outside the original boundaries of Washington City, was originally part a 30-acre farmland estate, called Metropolis View. In 1863, Salmon P. Chase, then U.S. Treasury Secretary under Abraham Lincoln, purchased the estate and another 20 acres of land nearby. He built a mansion and renamed the newly expanded estate Edgewood. The mansion was located at what is now the corner of Edgewood and Fourth Streets, NE. In the early 1900s, the house belonged to the St. Vincent's Orphanage Asylum and Catholic School. The city eventually gained possession of the estate and began developing it as an urban neighborhood in the 1950s.

Community Groups

______________________________

Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners serving this community

ANC Office Location:

ANC Office Phone number:

ANC Website and email: _____________________
ANC 5___:  _______________
ANC 5___:  ___________________
ANC 5____:  ____________________

Voting Precincts

 __________________

Police

Metropolitan Police District Precinct:  _____________________

Patrol Service Areas (PSA): ____________

.

Schools

__________________________

__________________________

Metro Stops
__________________________

Premier Community Development Corporation, Washington, DC


 

webmaster tools at website-hit-counters.com
Visit the top SEO search engine optimization guide.
Powered by Wild Apricot. Try our all-in-one platform for easy membership management